Tuesday, June 12, 2012

30 Weeks

      This past weekend, Dave and I went to an amazing birth class by Pam England, author of Birthing from Within.  It was a nice intimate class at her home and of the 4 couples present, 3 were emergency medicine residents and all live within shouting distance from our house!  The soon to be moms Amber and May will surely be my saving graces once our little baby is born.
       The class was really touching for me because Pam put to words the power of the process of birth in a way many books do not.  She offered the Dad's concrete ways to support and be an integral part of the birth, describing their roles as "Birth Bouncers" (keeping a close watch on mom's emotional needs, keeping the room peaceful and as nurturing as possible, being a first line of contact for all the medical processes that can take mom out of the birthing mentality and into fear, and on and on).
       Dave and I are also in the process of finding a doula (birth coach) to be at the birth to support both of us as I have set my intention to have a medicine free birth.  I know things could change, but for now, that's what I am working towards and visualizing each day.
       We have also had two completely wonderful and amazing Baby Showers, one in New Hampshire at the farm and one here in Albuquerque with all of our new friends.  We have filled the nursery with a beautiful crib and dresser and have been painting the walls and furniture to all match the cute little room!  I snuck home from work yesterday to do some painting and felt so blessed and content just sitting and preparing this new room for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment